If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (817) 297-8588

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

House Fire Caused by Clothes Dryer in Fort Worth

2/10/2020 (Permalink)

This clothes dryer caused a house fire.

SERVPRO of Crowley and South Johnson County received residential fire damage call out of the Fort Worth area. The fire was caused by the resident’s clothes dryer in their utility room. Our crew was dispatched for the demo and cleanup at this location.

Clothes Dryer Lint Is a Fire Hazard! Regular cleaning and maintenance can protect your family and your home investment.

The most common dryer now days are the front load dryer. When in use, make sure they're used safely! According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) there were close to 17,000 clothes dryer fires reported each year. Dryer fires have caused approximately 51 deaths, 380 injuries and an average of $236 million in property loss. Lint and debris can build up inside your dryer hose and the vent duct - reducing air flow, backing up exhaust gases and eventually creating a fire.

SERVPRO TIP: Make sure to have regular cleaning and maintenance to your clothes dryer to prevent a house fire! 

Other News

View Recent Posts